Thursday, March 12, 2020

My Yoga in the Time of Corona



Everywhere I turn there is fear.  Every person, every media channel, every conversation seems infused with alarm.  It is a fearful time.  I’m scared.  I’m afraid for the health of my loved ones, my students, my business.  I’m afraid for our economy, our society, our sense of community if we become isolated. 

I know I have a choice.  I can let the dread overwhelm me and dictate my actions and reactions.  Sometimes it does.  Or, I can use my practices to try and steady myself so I can make the best choices and respond in the best way I can.

What am I doing to help myself?

·    I’m doing yoga at the studio
·        I’m meditating each morning
·        I’m breathing deep
·        I’m taking walks
·        I’m living one day at a time


I’m working to remember what I teach: that I am more than my body, my health and my attachments.   I’m inviting peace into myself so that I can hold space for the Shree community whether we end up practicing at the studio, at home, or through an online forum. 

Let’s use our practices to decrease panic and increase peace together in the Time of Corona. 

With love,
Chaya

p.s. Remember, if you decide to attend public classes at Shree:
  • Wash your hands well  in the restrooms before entering the studio
  • Leave “virus talk” outside so Shree can be a place of ease and peace for all
  • Bring a hand towel and pillow case to cover the bolster and blankets for restorative classes
  • Bring a hand towel to cover blankets, wash cloths to cover blocks, bring your own props
  • Weekend classes are often crowded.  Come to a weeknight class instead.



Popular Posts