Friday, November 30, 2018

Sustainable Gift Giving


Every year at this time I like to give a holiday gift to each of the yoga teachers who instructs at Shree.  They are all amazing people, teachers, yogis and the life blood of the studio.  I honor them and appreciate their integrity, trustworthyness, excellence, training and friendship.  Many have been teaching at Shree for 10 - 15+ years.  I wanted to give something sustainable - something that doesn’t come with a big carbon footprint, packaging and plastic wrap, something that had meaning.


 I asked each teacher what charity I could donate to on their behalf to show my gratitude.  Their choices were inspiring: Ocean Conservancy, Alzheimer’s Foundation, Natural Resources Defense Council and more.  I became more aware that there are so many people doing good with tremendous generosity in this world: people helping people, the environment, animals and much more.


Consider giving sustainably this holiday season. Most of us don't need more stuff. Yoga makes a great gift, or a donation to charity in honor of someone....here's to help you choose a well rated charity if that's where you decide to give.

And, if you live near Saddle River, NJ, consider giving yoga at Shree: 

Happy Holidays!
Love and blessings to you and yours,

Chaya

Popular Posts